Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Indang, Cavite

The San Gregorio Magno Church, Indang, Cavite. This church was once a visita or a chapel of the Parish of Silang, Cavite. Under the Jesuits, Fr. Angelo Armano S.J. established it as a mission in 1611, and dedicated to St. Gregory the Great in 1625. Also under the patronage of St. Francis Xavier, Fr. LuisContinue reading “Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Indang, Cavite”

Rate this:

Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Silang, Cavite

Church of Our Lady of Candelaria, Silang, Cavite:  The Franciscans established this as a parish in 3 February 1595. When the church was burned in 30 August 1603, they rebuilt it and dedicated it to San Diego de Alcala. In 1611, they handed this church to the Jesuits. In 1637-39, Fr. Juan de Salazar SJContinue reading “Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Silang, Cavite”

Rate this: