Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Maragondon, Cavite

Our Lady of the Assumption, Maragondon, Cavite. In 1598, the Franciscans were forced to leave Silang and the accompanying visitas of Indang and Maragondon. In 1599, the Cathedral Chapter of Manila transferred its jurisdiction to the Jesuits, who took over in 1611. Fr. Angel Armano SJ started building the church and worked for it toContinue reading “Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Maragondon, Cavite”

Rate this:

Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Silang, Cavite

Church of Our Lady of Candelaria, Silang, Cavite:  The Franciscans established this as a parish in 3 February 1595. When the church was burned in 30 August 1603, they rebuilt it and dedicated it to San Diego de Alcala. In 1611, they handed this church to the Jesuits. In 1637-39, Fr. Juan de Salazar SJContinue reading “Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Silang, Cavite”

Rate this:

Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Kawit, Cavite

From 13-16 January 2015, the Ignatian Youth Camp participants celebrated the Bi-Centennial Anniversary of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus. They went on a pilgrimage to Jesuit churches in the province of Cavite. They wanted to get a glimpse of the missionary activities of the Jesuits before the Suppression. This is one of theContinue reading “Pilgrimage to Pre-Suppression Jesuit Churches: Kawit, Cavite”

Rate this: